NOTES ABOUT APPLYING
- Families interested in being a part of the Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School (BRAMS) community must participate in the New Haven Public Schools Interdistrict Lottery System to apply. For more information, please visit www.newhavenmagnetschools.com for guidance.
- This process usually takes place in the second half of the school year with applications becoming available in January through March.
- Sibling preference is granted to applicants who already have a sibling enrolled at BRAMS.
- Once enrolled, a family would not need to apply again unless the child(ren) withdraws.
- Visit and take a good look at our website and our social media pages.
- Visit BRAMS to see if it is a good fit for your family at any of our open houses that we will have throughout the enrollment period. Tours are available throughout the school year by appointment. Please call Tavares Bussey, our Artistic Coordinator at 475-220-5312 for dates and to make appointments for tours.
- Shadowing for Prospective Students
- Shadowing is ONLY offered during the enrollment period as soon as the site for applications is open for applicants.
- Shadowing is a process of allowing a prospective student to be paired with a BRAMS Ambassador for part of a school day to gain insight about the life of a BRAMS student.
- We will offer shadowing for students at times based on entering grade levels. This is so our prospective student can get an academic class experience along with a fine arts experience.
- Grade 5 -- 1:25-3:00
- Grade 6 -- 11:30-1:25
- Grade 7 & 8 -- 10:10-12:00
- To schedule a shadowing opportunity, please call Tavares Bussey, our Artistic Coordinator at 475-220-5312 or you can reach him via our "Contact Us" link above!
- To apply, please click the link below to be directed to the Magnet Website and see the On-Line Application:
ACCEPT & REGISTER
- Apply: Once you receive your notice of invitation to join Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School you can either IMMEDIATELY respond to ACCEPT your seat or you can take time to continue to EXPLORE our school before making your decision.
- Register: After you accept your seat, you will receive information from our School Choice & Enrollment office with instructions on how to register your child properly for the next school year. It will be important that you adhere to any deadlines and that you ask questions to ensure that you are going about this properly. You can ask questions by contacting the New Haven Magnet Schools website (linked above) or call Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School at 475-220-5312.